Indigenous Youth Gathering 2022
IYG 2022 – What, When, How
When and where is the next event?
- October 14-15, 2022
- Memorial University
- St John’s, NL
What will be happening?
- Indigenous Youth Gathering (IYG) is for high school students who self-identify as Indigenous and their friends (all genders) who are interested in learning more about education and career options.
- Features speakers, panels, tours and networking opportunities with professionals in various areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Most speakers and panelists are Indigenous.
How can I participate?
- There is no fee to participate.
- Transportation and accommodation support is available.
- The online form can be submitted as team of delegates. Each delegation will require a minimum of 2 students and at least 1 teacher chaperone (If a mix of male and female students, both are required to have teacher chaperones as per ESDNL regulations).
- Be ready to participate and be part of the sessions, tours, and get to know other students from the province and professional role models.
IYG 2022 Application
If you want to attend this event and are unable to make the submission deadline because you were affected by Hurricane Fiona, please send a note to email@example.com.
- Applications are due September 30, 2022.
- A complete application consists three parts (see below) that can be completed and submitted separately. The downloadable version contains all three parts.
- Applications received without all the required information are considered incomplete and will not be accepted.
- Schools are encouraged to send a Student Delegation of up to four student applicants.
- With the online form, the names of the student delegates are specified in “Part 3 Teacher Chaperone”. All three parts must be completed by each student.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-864-2484.
After completing the form in each section, the “Submit” button will transmit the information to the IYG Team for processing and a copy will be sent to the author for their records. Please note that no information is kept on the website.
- Part 1: Student Section
- Each student must submit an application.
- Student Delegations must have Chaperone(s)
- Part 2: Parent/Guardian Section
- Parent/Guardian must grant permission for their student to submit an application.
- Part 3: Teacher Chaperone Section
- This section identifies all members of the Student Delegation.
- Teacher chaperones for the school delegation must complete this section.
- Download Instructions
- Download Part 1: Student Section
- Download Part 2: Parent/Guardian Section
- Download Part 3: Teacher Chaperone Section
- Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Completed hardcopy applications should be sent through postal mail to the following address:
- ATTN: IYI Gathering
PO Box 23176, Churchill Square
St. John’s, NL Canada A1B 4J9